About Us


Obama Care


How to Build Bridges








Contact Us



Obama Care

What paper work do I need to bring in?

When meeting with an in-person counselor to sign up for Health Insurance or the Medical Expansion, bring the following information with you:

  • Social security number and birth dates of every member of the household.
  • Alien number (I94) or proof of legal residency if members of your household do not have social security numbers.
    • Legal Permanent Residency Card
    • Refugee Travel Document
    • Employment Authorization Card
  • Employer information for each adult in the household (contact information and location of work site)
    • Employer Name
    • Employer Address
    • Employer Identification Number
    • Employer Phone Number
    • Employer Email Address (if available)
  • Wage and income information in the form of W2's, 2016 tax filing or paystubs for each adult in the household.
  • If your employer offers health insurance, but it is not affordable, you must provide information about the health plan being offered.
    • What is the name of your employer's health insurance plan?
    • How much would premiums cost for you as an individual? And for family coverage? Premium 40% of the total plan price? (The "minimum value standard" of the plan)
    • Who in your employer's office is the contact person for health insurance questions?

Please visit us at 5120 N. Broadway Street, 2nd floor, Chicago, Illinois 60640 or call (773) 989-6927

To learn more about insurance options, visit

10 Essential Benefits required by Law.

  • Outpatient Services, like services or tests done at a medical center or doctor's office that do not require you to stay overnight.
  • Emergency Services, like medical care given to treat a sudden or unexpected illness in an emergency to keep you from getting worse.
  • Hospitalization, like services, tests or surgery that require you to stay the night in the hospital.
  • Maternity and Newborn Care, like services during pregnancy and after your baby is delivered, including breastfeeding.
  • Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services, including behavioral health treatment, like services that improve your mental well being or treat a mental illness or substance use problem.
  • Prescription Drugs, like medicines that require a prescription from a doctor.
  • Habilitative and Rehabilitative Services and Devices, like physical therapy, which helps you recover skills that you lost because you were hurt or disabled, or helps you develop and maintain the skills you need.
  • Laboratory Services, like tests you take to diagnose an illness or problem.
  • Preventative and Wellness Services and Chronic Disease Management, like check-ups and screenings to help you stay healthy, and services to improve your quality of like by preventing or lowering the effect of disease. This includes monitoring and educating you about your treatment.
  • Pediatric Care, including, dental and vision care for children. (dental care for adults will be available through the Marketplace at an additional cost)


South-East Asia Center does not discriminate in admission to programs or treatment of employment in programs or activities in compliance with the Illinois Human Rights Act; the US Civil Rights Act Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act; the Age Discrimination Act; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; and the US and Illinois Constitution.

Copyright ©2004 South-East Asia Center. All rights reserved.